Certified ICD-10 Analyst® is awarded to individuals who successfully pass the required assessment as set by ICD-10 Coders Academy and thereby demonstrate their knowledge of medical coding and billing, ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, and GEMs apart from accurate application of coding and billing guidelines.
A Certified ICD-10 Analyst® can:
- Perform accurate ICD-10 coding
- Perform dual (ICD-9 & ICD-10) coding of medical records
- Participate in ICD-10 implementation team at various healthcare settings
- Carry out Forward and Backward Mapping
- Design ICD-10 Compliant Documentation Standards
When you successfully pass a certification exam, you're considered certified. To maintain the certification over subsequent years, you have to study for and take interim exams that test your knowledge of ICD-10 code updates. You'll be notified when these tests become available. Maintaining your certification requires a yearly maintenance fee of $229 which includes your Yearly Membership fee of $110.